Who am I?

  • Hi, I'm Rooster. I'm not going to waste space on here telling you about me. If you want to know who I am and what I'm about, check out my profile on MySpace. You can also email me by clicking here.

The Rooster's Thoughts

« Home | "My alarm didn't go off" » | Police Academy Graduate?! » | Dub Club » | I'm in shape... » | Jackassery Award of the Day, Vol. 1 » | Useless Info, Volume 2 » | Omnipotent Stick Strikes Again! » | Career Ping Pong » | My favorite quotes... In no particular order » | Rooster VS. IRS »

One Square

I saw this "news" article on Google today: Sheryl Crow's war on toilet paper.

The jist of it is Sheryl Crow is calling for a ban on overusage of toilet paper. Limit one square per sitting. "It will help save the Earth".

This is something I should have added to my list of pet peeves: Celebrities who use their fame to voice their opinion to the world. Guess what? Artists, actors, etc became famous because of their talent in movies, music, whatever. Not because of their opinion.
  • Dixie Chicks were famous for their country music. Then they shared their political opinion in a concert. Now they lost their fame and the country music fans have boycotted their music.
  • Arnold Schwarzenegger was a famous actor for dozens of movies. Everybody loved him. He then became the California Governer and pissed off a bunch of people with his "girly men" comment. Now he's hated by a lot of people. "It's not a tumor!"
  • Rosie O'Donnel... man, I don't even have to explain this one.
  • And now... Sheryl Crow wants to limit the world to one square of TP.

There are many, many more I could cover, but I think blogger has a character limit at some point.

The fact is, like I mentioned above, people only like these celebrities for their talent.

Opinion is not talent!

Labels: , , ,

Hey pal, “I'm not ready to make nice,
I'm not ready to back down,
I'm still mad as hell
And I don't have time
To go round and round and round
It's too late to make it right
I probably wouldn't if I could
Cause I'm mad as hell
Can't bring myself to do what it is
You think I should”

So take that...

Post a Comment