Who am I?

  • Hi, I'm Rooster. I'm not going to waste space on here telling you about me. If you want to know who I am and what I'm about, check out my profile on MySpace. You can also email me by clicking here.

The Rooster's Thoughts

« Home | Omnipotent Stick Strikes Again! » | Career Ping Pong » | My favorite quotes... In no particular order » | Rooster VS. IRS » | Test Drive » | Holy Ants, Batman! » | The Hunt is Over... Pt 2 » | Useless Info, Volume 1 » | A Convenient Truth » | The Hunt is Over »

Useless Info, Volume 2

So, I'm sittin here sending emails at work and I noticed I use the acronym "e.g." quite a bit. General knowlege is that "e.g." implies "for example".

Huh? How does the acronym of "for example" turn into "e.g."?

Well, I got the answer.

"E.G." is short for "exempli gratia". It is a latin word where "exempli" means example and "gratia" translates to favor.

So, when translated and spelled out, anytime you see "e.g.", the author is saying "as a favor, here is an example".

That, my friends, is your Useless Information for the day.

Labels: , ,