Who am I?

  • Hi, I'm Rooster. I'm not going to waste space on here telling you about me. If you want to know who I am and what I'm about, check out my profile on MySpace. You can also email me by clicking here.

The Rooster's Thoughts

« Home | Holy Ants, Batman! » | The Hunt is Over... Pt 2 » | Useless Info, Volume 1 » | A Convenient Truth » | The Hunt is Over » | Let the Beat Rock! » | Political Crap » | The Hunt » | The Greatest Gift » | Happy VD... Uh... »

Test Drive

Yesterday I went to get the oil changed in my Passat at the dealership. While I was waiting, my buddy who is a salesman there, said "let's go drive the new Audi A3."

Me, being the VW/Audi fanatic I am, said "heck ya, let's go." So he threw me the keys and we drove off the lot.

The A3 is smaller than the Passat, about the same size as a Jetta. This was the only downfall - not that bad though. 2.0L Turbo, DSG (this is a dual-clutch automatic with paddle shifters), 200hp/207 lbs/tq, bucket seats, 18" wheels, stock lowered with euro suspension, incredible ESP, and a pretty sweet sound system with XM radio. 0-60 in 6.2 seconds. All stock.

This car put a perma-smile on my face. I drove the heck out of it. Sliding sideways around turns, turning on sport mode and watching the rev limiter raise up 7500 rpms on every shift, straight up burnin rubber. Oh man, this was a sweet ride.

It was everything I could do to keep myself from trading my Passat in right there. I think I know what my next car is going to be.

Labels: ,