Who am I?

  • Hi, I'm Rooster. I'm not going to waste space on here telling you about me. If you want to know who I am and what I'm about, check out my profile on MySpace. You can also email me by clicking here.

The Rooster's Thoughts

« Home | Political Crap » | The Hunt » | The Greatest Gift » | Happy VD... Uh... » | ABC Gum » | Tent City » | Stop being retarded! » | Little Salamander » | Thank you, kill a tree again! » | Hobo Hotline »

Let the Beat Rock!

A lot of people ask me why I am so "in love" with electronic music. My question back to them is "how can you not love it?"

People in this country are so enveloped in rock, hip hop, and country. People say techno is repetitive. When I listen to the aforementioned genres, I hear:
  • Rock: The same old guitar rifs, all the time.  I like bands/singers like Dave Matthews, Jason Mraz, John Legend, Green Day, and a few others, but when you get into hard rock/metal, it's all the same: HATRED! DIE! WORSHIP SATAN! KILL! Call me crazy, but that is just not my thing (especially the worship Satan part).
  • Hip hop: I like the beats for the most part. They aren't too different from most techno beats that I listen to, just slowed down.  The thing that gets me, much like hard rock/metal, the message is repetitive:  Got my gat, gonna bust a cap, (droppin the "N" bomb), killin gangsta's, gettin some boot-ay!, and the always classic "BLING".  Talk about repetitive!  And the hip hop fans are the one's who question my taste the most.  Of course, it's generally the white guys who think listening to hip hop makes them tough.  
  • Country:  Twang twang diddly dang, "My wife left me, my truck was stolen, and my dog ran away".  Enough said right there.
My response as to why I like techno so much:  First off, I don't like the mainstream crap you hear on your local FM radio station.  That, in fact, does fit your stereotype of annoying and repetitive.  I'll give you that.  

I listen to the stuff you can't easily find in the U.S., yet has taken the rest of the world by storm.  Breakbeats, house, ambient dub, and drum n' bass.  

The best part:  There is no message.  It's all about the music.  It is not defined by the lyrics.  You're not influenced or corrupted by some dumbass like Kanye West who seems to think their musical talent justifies a political opinion.  

My challenge to you is to take a look at a couple of the links I have provided below.  This is electronic music by genre, that has swept the world, yet is difficult to find in the US.  This is the music I live by.  The music that I love.  Enjoy.

Some of these are links to podcasts, so it will open up in iTunes if you have it:

Labels: