Who am I?

  • Hi, I'm Rooster. I'm not going to waste space on here telling you about me. If you want to know who I am and what I'm about, check out my profile on MySpace. You can also email me by clicking here.

The Rooster's Thoughts

« Home | Hobo Hotline » | The Means Have Justified The End » | Ironic? I think so. » | Xbox Live » | It's all in the paperwork... » | "War is Post-Birth Abortion" » | Paper Cuts » | She's a man's man, man. » | Survival of the... what? » | The Laws of Plumbing »

Thank you, kill a tree again!

I find it very ironic that with the emphasis in the world today is how to reverse global warming, reducing, reusing, recycling and all that jazz. Cool. I am all about making this a cleaner greener Earth (yes, that is even coming from a Republican like me).

My question: While most of world is now complying to the standards mentioned above, why is it that grocery stores are not meeting these standards?

My first complaint is why can't you recycle plastic grocery bags? It's plastic... other plastic items can be recycled, but Waste Management will deny the recycle can if they see plastic bags in there.

My second complaint is derived from my trip to the store I just got back from. I bought a bottle of hot sauce. That's it. I measured the receipt and it came out to be 2 inches wide and just under a foot long. A bottle of hot sauce justifies a receipt this big? It's not like it's recycled paper or anything. This is fresh tape. If everyone gets a receipt like this, it makes me wonder how many trees are cut down every year just to support written documentation of necessities bought.

Labels: ,

Initially I wanted to make a joke about something being 2 inches wide and a foot long, but I won’t. Instead just some advice, next time make sure that you go shopping ask for double plastic. Or paper inside of double plastic, you wouldn’t want to drop that hot sauce on the way out.

The Rooster is a closet liberal!! Ha Ha (add Nelson tone to those ha ha’s)

Nice try there, Monkey. I am not a closet liberal. I am a proud God-loving Republican and as such, I believe in doing my part in saving God's green Earth.

You're move. (Add Dr. Evil's checkmate expression pointing the pinky at the corner of the mouth)

Post a Comment