Who am I?

  • Hi, I'm Rooster. I'm not going to waste space on here telling you about me. If you want to know who I am and what I'm about, check out my profile on MySpace. You can also email me by clicking here.

The Rooster's Thoughts

« Home | Survival of the... what? » | The Laws of Plumbing » | The Weather Man » | Tigger » | Step aside Terry Tate... » | What's the capital of Thailand? » | Taxes » | Random thought... » | Frodo Failed... » | No one can beat me at Solitaire... NO ONE! »

She's a man's man, man.

I just got back from the grocery store. Interesting experience it was.

I picked up salmon, milk,and eggs. I walk up to the register and the clerk rings up my groceries. I, not really paying attention, just walk up to the debit machine and start running my card.

"How's your night going?" I ask, more out of habit, not like a genuinely cared (come on, we all do it...). I didn't even look up because I'm pressing the series of buttons on the debit machine.

"Not too bad. Do you have an Albertson's Card?" The clerk asks.

"No, ma'am, I don't." I reply.

Pause. "Would you like to sign up for one?"

"No thank you, ma'am", I answer.

Another pause. "Please don't call me 'ma'am'" The clerk stated, sounding somewhat annoyed.

The clerks voice was, well, either high for a man, or low for a woman, and as previously mentioned, I wasn't really paying attention. I say "Sorry, about that, sir."

Whoops! I just realized as I said that, that clerk actually was a woman... just, well, kind of a beastly one. Oh crap.

She says, "Actually, I meant 'ma'am' makes me feel old. Thanks."

Wow, now I felt like an ass.

Labels: