Who am I?

  • Hi, I'm Rooster. I'm not going to waste space on here telling you about me. If you want to know who I am and what I'm about, check out my profile on MySpace. You can also email me by clicking here.

The Rooster's Thoughts

« Home | Faux... Wedding Cake? » | Project Passat, Phase 1 » | What Grinds My Gears » | The Uber GTI » | Well Said! » | Joys of Having Cable » | Mother's Day » | That's just NUTS! » | The Omnipotent Stick Strikes Again! Vol. 4 » | Good Boy! »

Lessons learned...

So, getting ready for the PNW sponsored Drive to Leavenworth (this is an annual charity event where all the VWs, Audis, BMWs, and Porsches make a road trip to Eastern Washington) , I wanted to get suspension for my Passat, so I found the "best deal" for Bilstein shocks on Autozone.

Ya, I know you guys are probably already snickering at this one. I've never ordered from them before so I didn't know how moronic they are.

So, 7 days after ordering the shocks (also getting my H&R springs seperately from Futrell Autowerks), FedEx drops the packages at my house. I was expecting 2 boxes, one being the front shocks and the other being the rear.

My first indication that something was wrong was that one of the boxes was 2'x2'x6". Hmm... those front shocks must huge!

I opened the big box to find a radiator for a Honda.

I opened the other box and found one rear shock. Just one.

WTF?!?! Lesson learned: Never order from Autozone, they suffer from what I call jackassery.

So, I'm freaking out because I already have an appointment on Saturday to have them installed.

Since I just had great customer service from Futrell Autowerks, I called Aaron to see if there was any way they could get them in by Friday night. Aaron made a few calls, then called me back with great news.

The shocks will be in tomorrow night, by 5:30.

My highest regards to Futrell. They just secured business with me for life. Nice work Futrell. Cheers to you.



Update: To top everything off, I took the radiator and the ONE shock back to a local Autozone store so I could get my money back immediately and not have to deal with the return shipping. Here is what the manager said:

1) "I don't know what I'm going to do with this radiator. Wanna sell it? We have no record that you have this."
2) "Autozone.com always does **** like this. I can't believe it, I deal with this at least 5 times a week."
3) (Last but definitely not least) "Don't ever shop at Autozone. The website, here, or any other store. This company sucks. I'm just here for the paycheck."


I ended up getting the rest of my shocks at about 12:30 today. Now it's just time for installation, aka Project Passat, Phase 2!

Labels: , ,

Nice work autozone! Man, I probably would have made the same mistake as well...

Post a Comment